Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, detail-oriented, and organized individual to serve as a key member of our development and communications team. This position is responsible for the support of all major marketing and events activities, including: managing event logistics and coordinating events communications, supporting project implementation and content creation across digital marketing channels, monitoring analytics for successful marketing and communications operations, data management, and donor stewardship.
• Serve as project lead for programmatic and fundraising events, including managing logistics and coordinating schedules, assignments, and all communications before, during, and after events.
• Communicate with external vendors to support event and marketing strategies.
• Support project implementation and content creation within the editorial calendar across digital marketing channels.
• Manage social media and digital marketing calendars in coordination with overall editorial calendar strategies.
• Design, edit, and proofread production of marketing materials.
• Work with the National Marketing team to monitor analytics for successful marketing and communications operations.
• Actively pursue new story ideas and gather and maintain a story repository for digital marketing campaigns.
• Ensure maintenance of brand standards across all event and digital platforms.
• Assist Director and National Marketing team with public relations outreach and activities.
• Maintain inventory of promotional materials by coordinating requirements for graphic design, inventorying stock, and placing orders with our printing vendor.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager at the National office.
• Collaborate with National Development Team to ensure donor records, database, and reports are accurate.
• Coordinate all donor stewardship activity, such as thank you letters.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-2 years of event management experience required.
• 1-2 years of marketing and communications experience required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with good time management and attention to detail.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing projects.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Salesforce, Pardot, and WordPress preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in developing content and managing communications across various digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, website, and email.
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team, to take initiative, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to flex and adapt as the situation requires.
• Passion for Genesys Works’ mission is essential.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; reaching; stooping; kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Company-paid life and disability insurance
• Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
• 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
• Flexible work arrangements
• Fun company-sponsored events, and celebrations to honor our students and staff
For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.