Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experience, and impactful relationships. We envision a future when all youth finish high school equipped and empowered with the knowledge and skills required to achieve career success and a lifetime of economic self-sufficiency.
Purpose of Position
Support Chief Executive Officer by providing high-level administrative support for the purpose of enabling him to focus on fundraising and donor stewardship activities, the growth of current program sites, and rapid expansion into new markets. To be successful in this role, the executive assistant will need to be sharp, proactive, discrete, and able to handle the pressures of frequent change while maintaining a friendly and upbeat attitude.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Managing the CEO’s calendar, including prioritization of meetings and direct communication with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinating and preparing for various meetings with the national board of directors, various donors, corporate partners, consultants, and other key stakeholders;
- Reviewing, revising, and distributing minutes and notes of important meetings including Board of Directors and other leadership team meetings
- Drafting of correspondence to key stakeholders on behalf of CEO and assist in preparing presentations, proposals, and training courses;
- Performing fundraising activities and providing project support, primarily in strategic planning and fundraising including data management, and research of current and potential stakeholders;
- Planning and executing company-wide events (such as staff trainings and retreats), large stakeholder events, out of town meetings, lunch meetings, and dinners including booking domestic flights and hotel accommodations, coordinating transportation, arranging meals and other related activities; and
- Receptionist activities including, but not limited to receiving and distributing mail; planning, ordering and organizing staff meals and small celebrations; answering and directing phone calls; ordering office supplies; and greeting guests.
- Support other C-level personnel as
- Effectively model and champion the behavioral values of Genesys Works
Breakdown of Responsibilities
Meeting Coordination & management of CEO calendar (65%)
Research and Project Support (15%) (Inclusive of travel arrangements)
General Administrative Duties (10%)
Travel and Other (10%)
- Passion for the mission and vision of Genesys Works;
- Minimum 5 years previous experience supporting senior level executives;
- 7 – 10 years demonstrated experience performing routine and complex tasks in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and have the ability to learn new software quickly;
- Must successfully pass a background check
- A current driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Minimum education required is an Associate’s Degree
Core Competencies and Essential Characteristics
|Entrepreneurial Spirit||Approach responsibilities with an “owner” mentality|
|Proactive Spirit and Initiative||Ability to anticipate needs and manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment|
|Dependability||Being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations|
|Adaptability/Flexibility||Being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace|
|Attention to Detail||Being careful about every detail and thorough in completing work
|Stress Tolerance||Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations|
|Self-Control||Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling
anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
|Integrity and Discretion||Being honest and ethical with an ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information|
|Service Orientation||Actively looking for ways to help people|
|Interacting with Computers||Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and
software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
|Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships||Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships wi others and maintaining them over time.|
|Effective persuader||Ability to listen and adapt message(s) to multiple audiences to persuade these audiences to perform requested actions|
|Oral communication||Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand|
|Written Communication||Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Employee may be required to walk for long distances at event venues, corporate partner locations, or other relevant sites. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun company-sponsored events, and celebrations to honor our students and staff
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email a resume and cover letter detailing salary history to email@example.com Attn: Chief People Officer. Include ‘Candidate for: Executive Assistant to CEO’ in the email subject line.