We provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experience, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
Apply your IT skills and mentoring ability to help support high school students become internship-ready young professionals. During a seven-week summer training program, you will work alongside Genesys Works staff members to prepare high school seniors from underserved communities to intern at one of our 55+ corporate partners providing IT support and outstanding customer service.
• Teach entry-level computer and technology skills to two cohorts of students (morning and afternoon sessions consisting of 20-25 students each)
• Collaborate with a team of trainers to ensure consistency in curriculum delivery across all cohorts
• Work alongside full-time Genesys Works staff members to set and manage training room expectations
• Grade student assignments, status reports, and evaluations and record them in a timely manner
• Assist in maintaining the technology and infrastructure within the training room and at the training site
• Provide support in coaching, guiding, and mentoring students throughout the summer program
• Staff summer events in and outside of the training room
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; reaching, stooping, and kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Company-paid life and disability insurance
• Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
• 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
• Flexible work arrangements
• Fun company-sponsored events, and celebrations to honor our students and staff Compensation and How to Apply
Genesys Works – Twin Cities is looking to fill nine IT Trainer positions. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please submit resume and brief cover letter at //genesysworks.tfaforms.net/4651560. The position will start approximately two weeks prior to the start of summer training on June 17th. To learn more about Genesys Works, visit our website at www.genesysworks.org