Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional
services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students
in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
The purpose of this position is to lead, motivate, supervise and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform high school students into workforce ready young professionals. The Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works’ core model with students and managing supporting relationships.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Recruit students through visits to partner schools and presentations to students;
• Actively participate in the selection process of students to the program;
• Teach our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program;
• Monitor summer training performance and provide primary input on students who earn an internship based on summer training performance;
• Work one-on-one with students to develop trusting relationships through mentoring and encouragement throughout the program, facilitating long-term individual and program success;
• Maintain metrics and student benchmarks throughout the program to measure and assure student success in training, in the workplace, and in developing a path to college and career success;
• Lead weekly team meetings of Genesys Works’ students during the school year to assist them in choosing a career path, applying to colleges, and securing financial aid;
• Actively monitor student intern performance in the workplace and deliver student evaluations based on overall performance;
• Provide guidance to interns on how to successfully balance school, work, and life during internship;
• Assist with new initiatives in areas including, but not limited to, communications, fundraising, client recruitment, curriculum development, student recruitment, and alumni programming; and
• Develop and manage relationships with corporate client supervisors and school administrators related to cohort of interns to ensure deliverance of exceptional service and that any client and student issues in the workplace are dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Deep belief in organizational mission;
• Professional demeanor and 3+ years’ experience with opportunity youth;
• Strong presence and leadership in instructional or group setting;
• Ability to manage 18-20 student cases/files;
• Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus;
• Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development;
• Ability to problem-solve and handle student crises situations;
• Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations in diverse settings (e.g. students, corporate personnel and school administrators);
• Ability to work with computers and databases;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Must pass a background check;
• A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car;
• Four year college degree, all majors considered
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun company-sponsored events, and celebrations to honor our students and staff
Compensation and How to Apply
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, with subsidized parking.