"When we first heard of Genesys Works, we thought this was a great program for the local community. After several years as a client, we find the training and preparation of the students is outstanding and we see immediate contributions as they become valuable members of the Ecolab team."
- Denny Harder, VP Global Business Operations, Ecolab
What You Can Expect
Genesys Works provides services that companies value, which is why our program has been able to quickly grow to serve the IT needs of many of the largest companies in the Twin Cities area.
With a sole focus on information technology, our students are trained to excel in their jobs. During the summer between their junior and senior year of high school, students selected for the program are taught technical and professional skills in the information technology field and then hired by Genesys Works as young professionals. They are then engaged to work in the IT departments of client companies where they work as contract technicians each day during their senior year.
Genesys Works young professionals provide the following services to client companies:
- Help Desk support
- System refreshes, migrations, imaging, and core loads
- Software installation
- Hardware upgrades
- Computer deployment and setup
- General PC and network troubleshooting
- Cable making and cable pulls
- Ticket tracking and resolution
- Updating corporate IT database information
- Managing computer and equipment inventory control