National Office Located in Houston, Texas
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success through skill training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships. The Genesys Works headquarters is located in Houston, TX (National Office). The National Office provides support and services to our six program locations across the country: Houston, Twin Cities, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, the greater Washington, D.C. area, and New York City.
Purpose of Position
As a member of the National team, the Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the successful project management, development, implementation, and tracking of digital initiatives including fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, and social media; website management; SEO; online advertising; social media, and email marketing programs, supporting the overall growth of the Genesys Works mission and program. The individual in this role will be responsible for delivering compelling content for digital channels and accountable for tracking, analyzing and reporting digital metrics, as well as making recommendations regarding the consideration of new and emergent digital marketing technologies. The Digital Marketing Manager generates funds through the development of targeted online programs. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Digital Marketing Manager focuses on elevating the Genesys Works digital footprint to cultivate donations and increase brand awareness.
• Plan and execute digital marketing programs and campaigns across all digital channels – email, web, social media and organic/paid advertising – to attract key stakeholder audiences and engage prospects for increased conversions
• Develop and implement digital fundraising programs, supervising the delivery of fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, social media, and developing channels
• Develop standardized digital fundraising and digital branding procedures to ensure standards are followed organization-wide so that online and digital facing constituents receive a tailored and structured set of online giving opportunities
• Manage content and community engagement for all Genesys Works digital touchpoints including website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other channels as determined by the overall social media strategy)
• Manage website, digital production, campaign budgets and schedules
• Monitor and uphold the brand integrity across social platforms; work with all Genesys Works locations to ensure all social channel content is on brand
• Works closely with Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Development Officer to set performance benchmarks and targets across all digital fundraising channels. Implements user testing techniques to improve response rates and increase donor retention. Evaluates and reports on monthly project accomplishments and budgets.
• Responsible for reporting, analysis and metrics on the website, social media outreach, and social media campaign results; analyze and report on the growth of stakeholder engagement resulting from social interaction
• Establish excellent relationships with Genesys Works locations to assist in digital efforts, ensuring all digital channels offers a great user experience, and is created in keeping with the Genesys Works brand
• Monitor trends and changes in digital communications; evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adaption where appropriate
Breakdown of Responsibilities
Core Responsibilities (70%)
Site Support (25%)
• Deep belief in organizational mission
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital marketing
• Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies
• Must understand “best practices” across multiple platforms and the knowledge base to develop these best practices organization-wide
• Solid knowledge of relevant tools: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Pardot, Salesforce.com, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Mobile Cause, WebTrends, or similar third-party tools
• Marketing Automation Platform Experience (Marketo, HubSpot, Infusionsoft, Pardot or Eloqua)
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, marketing automation, email, social media and or display advertising campaigns
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Exceptional analytical skills (data extraction language, SQL) and thorough understanding of data models and segmentation mapping
• Organized, strategic thinker who can communicate and collaborate effectively
• Proficient in HTML/CSS (WordPress, Umbraco, etc.).
• Experience with graphic design is desired (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
• Strong management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have an assertive, positive attitude, and good customer service skills
• Experience working with all staff levels – from executive management to program staff
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or equivalent education and experience
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be sent to National Human Resources.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Company-paid life and disability insurance
• Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
• 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
• Flexible work arrangements
• Fun company-sponsored events, and celebrations to honor our students and staff